Sunday, May 6, 2012

If I Had A Boat


What the...?
As I gazed out at the waters between the mainland and the island of Koh Lanta Noi and sniffed the sea breeze, Colin said, “Get the camera get the camera get the camera, now now now hurry hurry hurry!” Of what do we so desperately need photographic evidence, I wondered. I scrambled to dig the camera out of my bag, turning as I handed it to him to see what exactly was the source of such urgency, and saw another ferryboat going in the opposite direction. In amongst the cars and motorbikes on the ferry, was a truck. With an elephant in the bed. I, of course, immediately started singing the song, "If I Had a Boat" (If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. If I had a pony (substituting elephant) I'd ride him on my boat. We could all together, go out on the ocean, me upon my pony (elephant) on my boat) by my man, Lyle Lovett. The world is full of wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment